Coton Buds

Diary of a Coton de Tulear owner

Monday, November 10, 2008

Old/New Arrival



I guess I should introduce the newest and oldest member of our family then!



This is Garfield. He is Daniel's original cat who stayed with his Mum when we moved into our house. He's 18 (!!) now and is no longer able to stay out all night so he has come to us for his 'retirement'. He reminds me of Grandad... he sleeps and groggily grumbles at me when I pass by.

He is the noisiest cat in the world! At random points during the day he meows very loudly as though he's hurt and when I run into the room to see what's going on I find he just wanted to let me know he was there!!

We had to house train him as he was an outdoor cat but this went very well. I think it only took a few of days and he's only had a couple of accidents. We used soil to get him used to the litter tray but under estimated the size if his bowels and one time he ended up flooding it! It as so funny how mortified he sounded but seeing as I was the only one at home I had the dubious pleasure of having to sort it all out... there is a very fertile part of the garden now!

Boomer is not hugely pleased about him as you can imagine. Garfield just ignores her - he is twice her size after all She walks up t him and hisses when she can and he pretends not to see her. Yu You just thinks that he's a new cat to play with and isn't bothered unless Boomer gets agitated.

Anyway, it's a houseful of animals now. Humans are out numbered and are only providers of noms. "\(.:.:.)/"

2 Comments:

  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hee hee!

    He totally looks like puss.. et boots!!!

    ""\\_(*.*)_//""

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Sau Wai said…

    A shoe cat for a shoe-aholic perhaps...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home